Wednesday, June 10, 2015

BioWorld of Hirt Episode 1

This is my first attempt to make an educational and fun video. My goal in making videos is to make something interactive and fun that gives students an eye-opening experience or makes things stick somehow, rather than just conveying information.

This video is patterned after activities I have done during lectures while teaching fundamentals of chemistry. After I had given a lecture, similar to this video, I asked students if the activity made sense and if they felt the understood. One student responded that he had been taught the same material many times in other classes, but this is the first time he felt he understood it. That made me think it would make a great video.

Let me know what you think! I would love to put more time and money into this, but that is not totally feasible at the moment, so for now I will do a video here and there as I feel inspired. If I had enough time and resources I would make a complete BIO 101 class of videos with activities. What do you think? If you were taking BIO 101 over again, would a video course like this be useful? Any comments are welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment